The Southern Maine area has a lot to offer. The White Mountains of New Hampshire are just to the west, the rugged Maine coast is right at our back door, and the area has numerous lakes for enjoying on foot or from a seaplane!
Here are a few suggestions of things you can do in the area besides flying!
* Marginal Way -- A scenic one-mile walk along the coast in Ogunquit, ending at Perkins Cove (have lunch at one of the restaurants there!)
* Laudholm Farm Estuary Reserve -- Spectacular marsh walkways and trails on 1600 acres in Wells, open year round (207-646-1555)
* Seashore Trolley Museum -- On Log Cabin Road in Kennebunkport (207-967-2800)
* Lobster Boat Tours, Whale Watches, Deep Sea Fishing -- Perkins Cove (207-646-5227) or Kennebunkport (207-967-5507 or 207-985-3600)
* Mini Golf and Par 3 Golf -- Within 1 mile of the airport in Sanford (207-324-5271 and 207-324-0436)
* Bike Rentals -- Cape Able bike shop in Kennebunkport (207-967-4382)
* Arundel Barn Playhouse -- Tuesday through Saturday in season, in Kennebunkport/Arundel (207-985-5552)
* Funtown / Splashtown -- Summer season, Saco (207-284-5139)
* Strawberry Banke Museum -- In downtown Portsmouth (603-433-1100)
And don't forget the Kittery outlet stores, numerous antique shops, various local golf courses, LL Bean, and various attractions in the Old Port of Portland!
Or just come check out the historic WWII aircraft, a PBY 5A Catalina, being restored right at the Sanford Airport!
For additional information, see our pages on Lodging and Transportation.