Heart of the West Aircraft Engines, Inc. specializes in the repair and overhaul of Continental and Lycoming piston aircraft engines. In addition we also offer full removal and reinstallation services, inspections, and modifications. In those cases where your engine needs to be shipped, we use freightquote.com to get that done at the lowest possible cost.
All of our engines are built in a climate controlled environment to ensure the cleanliness of your newly overhauled engine. We maintain a complete maintanence library with all of the latest service, parts, and AD information. This library is updated weekly to ensure that your engine is built with the most current information available. All steps during the overhaul process are checked, double checked, and documented. We do not take any short cuts. All parts installed in your engine are either new or certified items and all engines are built to new parts tolerances.
**ALL of our Engines are Backed by a 2 YEAR / 480 Hour Warranty.**
No Surprise Pricing.
Now this is where everything changes.
What happens at other overhaul shops if your camshaft is rejected and cannot be reused? Thats right, you get a phone call and your too good to be true price starts going up. What happens if one of you cylinders reject? Another phone call. Oil cooler rejects and another phone call. The list goes on and on.
THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN WITH HEART OF the WEST AIRCRAFT ENGINES, INC.
At heart of the west aircraft engines, inc. We know that something is going to need to be replaced with virtually every engine. We have looked at the most common extras and how often they occur. We have used that information to develop the "no surprise pricing"structure.
Here is what we have come up with. There will be no extra costs to you if the following items need replacement or repair:
1. Camshafts: we will replace with a certified assy.
2. Oil coolers: we will replace with a certified unit.
3. Lycoming oil pump gears and housings: will install new for all engines covered by ad 96-09-10.
4. Accessory housing: we will cover the overhaul or repair cost.
5. Cylinders: we will cover the replacement cost of up to half of your cylinder cores. This is not an issue with new cylinder purchases.
6. Oil pump housing: we will cover the overhaul or repair cost of oil pressure and scavenge pumps housings.
7. Lifters: we will cover the replacement of up to half of your lifters with certified units.
8. Hydraulic units: we will cover the replacement of up to half of your hydraulic units with certified units.
9. Lycoming crankshaft gear: we will replace with a certified unit.
10. All of our engines are backed by a 2 year/480 hour warranty.