1980 180K. 5538 TT, 2086 SFREM, O-470-U, 88 gal, extended baggage, internal primer, Cleveland brakes. IFR. Low hours. Strong engine. Flies straight. Private owner last 15 years. Gently used.
Avionics / Equipment
- Garmin GMA 340 audio panel. 4-place intercom with music input jacks for both front and rear seats. Installed 14-Dec-04.
- Garmin GNC 250XL GPS/comm 760 channel, 5 watt. Installed 30-Mar-98.
- Bendix/King KX-165 VOR/LOC/GS/comm, 760 channel comm. Installed 14-Dec-04.
- Bendix/King KI-206 VOR/LOC/GS indicator. Installed 14-Dec-04.
- Cessna ARC 300 ADF R-546E receiver and indicator. Stainless steel sense antenna.
- Bendix/King KT-76A transponder. Installed 14-Dec-04.
- Dorne & Margolin 6.1 ELT, TSO-C91, 121.5 and 243.0 MHz. Battery due May 2019.
- Push-to-talk switches on both control yokes.
- Lighter plug in panel, 28 vdc auxiliary power source. Aftermarket dual USB-A high amperage plug (2.4 A per receptacle).
- Attitude indicator, vacuum
- Heading indicator, vacuum. Overhaul 29-Apr-05 at 4575.9 TTAF, by Texas Aircraft Instruments, Houston TX.
- Vertical speed indicator.
- Turn coordinator, electric.
- Airspeed indicator.
- Precision* PAI-700 Vertical Card Compass, installed 29-Apr-05.
- Cessna 1980 180K, SkyWagon II
- Serial No.: 18053153
- Useful load: 1038 lb. Empty Wt.: 1762 lb. Gross Wt.: 2800 lb. (An STC to increase gross weight to 3190 lb (+390 lb) is available from Kenmore Air Harbor.)
5538 TTAF (on 5-Feb-18)
- Fuel capacity: 88 gal, 84 usable. Wet wing; no bladders. No leaks.
- No wheel pants.
- No float kit. Never on floats.
- 23-Oct-17, 5521.3 TTAF: Outboard left wing, wingtip and aileron. New composite wingtip from Stene Aviation. Wing and aileron repair and all painting by Flying T Repair Station, Anna TX, FAA Part 145 Repair Station No. SJNR1521, work order: 699.
- 26-Jan-17, 5477.6 TTAF. Left outer wing, aileron and wingtip. New composite wingtip from Stene Aviation. Aileron repairs and all painting by Flying T Repair Station, Anna TX, FAA Part 145 Repair Station No. SJNR1521, work order: 676. Rib replacement and all installation by Larry David, Aircraft Maintenance Services, Wharton TX.
Engines / Mods / Prop
-Teledyne Continental Motors, m/n: O-470-U-17B.
- Factory remanufactured engine. Installed 25-Sep-93.
230 hp (minimum) at 2400 rpm.
- Cylinder #6 Replaced with OH/Exch: 2039.5 TT, 25-May-17.
- Cylinder #3 Replaced with OH/Exch: 1985.6 TT, 2-May-16.
- Complete new Slick ignition system -- magnetos, wires and fine-wire spark plugs – at 28-May-08, 1513 SFREM.
SFREM: 2086 TTIS (on 5-Feb-18).
- Manufacturer: McCauley
- Type: 2-blade
- Model no.: C2A34C204-C
- SNEW: 687 TTIS (on 18-Dec-17). Installed 22-May-07 at 4845.0 TTAF. (Previous blades did not pass dimensional specifications.)
Interior / Exterior
- Factory internal primer corrosion treatment.
- Extended baggage compartment (50 lb capacity).
- Scott tailwheel.
- Electrical system is 28 vdc.
- Teledyne Gill battery, m/n: G-242. Installed 15-Dec-13.
- MLG tires: size 7.00-6, Desser retreads with Aero Classic “Low Leak” tubes. Both new at 25-May-17 at 5491.5 TTAF.
- Left seat is infinitely adjustable. Recent complete rebuild and upgrade. Right seat is standard type.
- Rear seat bench seat with adjustable, split-seatbacks. Quick-remove type seat which easily fits into extended baggage compartment.
- Refueling steps and handles.
- Retractable tail pull handles.
- Dual flight controls, including dual toe brakes.
- Heated pitot tube.
- Removable baggage compartment cover. (Installs between the main and the extended baggage compartments.)
- Engine oil quick drain valve.
- Tail jack pad.
- External ground service plug receptacle.
- Panel lighter receptacle, 28 vdc.
Modifications and Additions
- Cleveland brake and wheel conversion. Heavy duty, 2 pucks per wheel. Kit no. IM 199-62, p/n: 30-52N and p/n: 40-75D, 11-Mar-02 at 4369.1 TTAF.
- Brackett engine induction air filter.
- Engine oil quick drain.
- Precise Flight Low Vacuum Warning Light.
- Saf-T-Stop slide safety for left front seat.
- Alcor EGT gauge.
- ClearVue in-line filter immediately upstream of vacuum pump.
- Denton Enterprises Baggage Door Organizer.
- Sunvisor extensions, tinted.
- Removable hinge pins on both left and right cabin doors.
-Battery maintainer pigtail.
- Hand tow bar.
- Cessna Service Manual and Parts Catalog available for additional $250.
- Airworthiness Directives: all complied with.
- Annual inspection valid through 31-May-18.
- IFR recertification (i.e. FAR 91.411 and 91.413) valid through 28-Feb-19.
- Strong engine.
- Flies straight.
- Current owner last 14.7 years, 1157 TT (on 18-Dec-17; average of ~78 TT per year during ownership).
- Complete records.
- Copy of FAA records to 24-Jan-18 available.
- Clear title. No liens, nor encumbrances.
- Always hangered during ownership.
- Reason for selling: not flying enough.
-Southeastern Texas. Wharton Regional Airport, KARM, Wharton TX 77488. KARM is 65 miles southwest of downtown Houston TX.
Owner: Michael Hershey.