We noticed you're using an unsupported browser which may result in limited or no functionality for portions of our website. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Safari for the best experience.
A ONE OF A KIND, SPECIAL EDITION CARBON CUB EX3 - BRAND NEW!
GHOST RIDER was just completed and received it's Special Airworthiness Certificate from FAA. It is Dave Embry's 8th and final special built version of Cubcrafters innovative EX3 with it's 186 hp fuel injected engine; Hartzell 83" Constant Speed prop; full IFR Garmin glass panel with autopilot; 31" Bushwheels and the best suspension system ever with the Acme "Block Ops" main shocks and "Stinger" tailwheel.
GHOST RIDER was a project painstakingly designed by Embry along with Evoke Aviation (which did the computer renderings) and is based on the famous song "Ghost Riders in the Sky" sung by many famous recording artists like Johnny Cash, Marty Steward, Willie Nelson and the Highwaymen.
After the intricate design was finalized, it took a concerted effort with PPG paint specialist and a renowned airbrush artist Greg Tuter to finalize the concept; paint process and installation onto the finished airplane ...... with all the artwork done by hand painting (no vinyl) using an airbrush to get an amazing "one-off" piece of art.
A storm is depicted with a flash of lightning on the rudder and tail fin going down to one of the cowboys riding out of the storm clouds who has caught it like a rope in his hand. As you go forward on the fuselage, the storm dissipates as it races away from the storm. Opening the door reveals one of the "red eyed" steers and the opening line of the Ghost Riders in The Sky song "An ol' cowpoke went riding out one dark and windy day."
The quality of workmanship is outstanding with an airplane the likes of which has never been created before. Be sure and click on the videos attached as well as the Spec Sheet in this ad.
Avionics / Equipment
EXECUTIVE IFR GLASS PANEL includes:
o Garmin G3X Touch (10.6" display) with AOA (Angle of Attack) pitot and indicators (both audio and visual AOA); Synthetic Vision; stereo "3D"intercom; audio and video inputs; SXM weather and traffic; ESP; CONNEXT; integration with autopilot; transponder; audio panel; dual coms radios. More at http://www.garmin.com/us/products/intheair/sport-aviation/g3x-touch/
o Garmin GTX345R. Mode S transponder (remote mount) with ADS-B IN & OUT.
o Garmin 305 Autopilot. The autopilot is completely controllable through the G3X Touch but I also installed the head so you can use it separately if desired.
o Garmin GTR 20R Com Radio. Has USB charging port as well that is accessible. Provides a 2nd Com radio along with the integrated com in the GNC355.
o Garmin GNC355 Navigator. Has an integrated com radio, IFR Navigator linked to G3X Touch and Autopilot
o Garmin G5 Electronic Flight Instrument. (Stand alone and linked to G3X Touch as well)
o GMA245R Remote Audio Panel - Integrates the Com Radio with the Navigator, SXM radio, Telephone via Bluetooth, etc.
o Heated Pitot with AOA
o OAT temperature Probe.
o Electric Trim position sensor.
o Full EIS package including ADAHRS and 4 cylinder CHT and EGT sensors; carb inlet temperature sensor; fuel flow meter; "Lean Assist" on G3X Touch.
o Bluetooth operation linking to ipads, smart phones, etc.
This is the new model that included numerous upgrades over the original EX and EX2 versions with the biggest change being the new G-Series control surfaces (ailerons; tail feathers and flaps). The flaps are true slotted flats. The G-Series makes positive controllability of the aircraft at unbelievable low airspeeds. You can read more about these at http://cubcrafters.com/c/2017/02/g-series-flaps-and-ailerons-faqs/
Some of the changes from the EX2 to this EX3 is:
• Hartzell Constant Speed prop. 83"
• New CC363i Fuel Injected engine developed just for Cub Crafters. About 186 hp nominal.
• Rear seat heat vents and defroster added using new style heat muffs (lots of heat) giving a 300% increase over EX2's.
• Take-off distance is 20' SHORTER than the EX2 even though the empty weight is higher
• New "fighter style" front stick with built in push to talk; electric trim and autopilot disconnect and control wheel steering for autopilot.
• Stronger fuselage with 9 ad
Engines / Mods / Prop
CC-363i Lycoming 186 hp Fuel Injected Engine
o Dual Lightspeed Electronic Ignition
o Lightweight starter and alternator
o Lightweight custom oil sump
o Lightweight custom intake
o Lightweight custom exhaust system
o Hartzell 83" Constant Speed Composite prop.
Interior / Exterior
- EXTENDED FUEL TANKS. 44 gallons (39 Useable).
- 31" Alaska Bushwheel Tundra Tires
- 3200B steerable tailwheel.
- 3x3 Extended Landing gear option - Uncovered with Stainless Steel Brake Lines
- New Acme "Black Ops" shock system (by far the leading in the industry).
- New Acme "Stinger" tailwheel shock!
- Heavy Duty 1.75" Brakes
- LED lighting package.
o Navigation Lights
o Right AND Left wing landing lights with WIG-WAG function
o Strobe lights
o Cockpit LED lighting.
- ELT (406). Kannad
- Wing Vortex Generators
- Gap Seals (rear control gaps on tail feathers)
- Auxiliary Power Plug with dual USB ports
- 2 Headset Hooks
- 2 "Brain buckets" that hold the Bose control modules on the header panel out of the way.
- Bose headset connectors (built in power and audio)
- Front & Rear seat trim controls. Electric trim with controls front and rear.
- Oregon Aero front & rear seats - fabric.
- Web pockets added to interior
- Carbon Fiber used extensively throughout including interior panels; cowl, cowl flaps, prop spinner; floorboard; seat base; wingtips and much more.
EXTENDED BAGGAGE area and door.
• Carbon fiber door on fuselage. The extended baggage area allows up to 100 lbs in the forward and 60 lbs in the rear baggage area.
• Floor and walls fully carpeted. CubCrafters factory carpet package in baggage area with extra tie-down hooks installed in the baggage area.
• 130 mph cruise
• Range 765 miles
• Take Off distance 90 feet
• Landing Distance 155 feet
• Rate of Climb 2,400 fpm
*All aircraft loans are subject to credit approval. Monthly payments
illustrated above are based on terms available to the highest qualified
candidates, and are subject to additional documentation fees, terms and
conditions. Currency Capital, LLC is an independent finance company and
is not the manufacturer or supplier of any equipment. Currency Capital,
LLC utilizes its broad network of aircraft lenders to offer the most
competitive rates and terms available, for both businesses and consumers.
Commercial Financing may be provided by Currency Capital, LLC and loans
made or arranged pursuant to California Finance Lenders Law license number