This is an aircraft ARINC 429 Databus analyzer used to evaluate the busses between black boxes and/or instruments on aircraft. It is a Tel Instrument Electronics Corp unit, model FB-2 Flexibus hand held unit. It is run off 4 AA batteries and is hand held with dimensions of 8 inches by 4 inches. It is in perfect operating condition and some of the pictures show a change in the screens so you can tell it works. Comes with the wires to connect. This is a previous model they sold and still has the capability and functions of the newer models. I personally used it for an aircraft integration effort. The ARINC 429 bus is on every commercial aircraft application and this is a great way to analyze your bus data to verify or test systems.
The new models which accomplish the same tasks sell for over $6000.00 I am offering this for a fraction of the cost.
It is fully operational. Being Sold As Is.
Here are some excerpts from the owners manual which can be found on line.
The FlexiBus ARINC 429 Databus Analyzer provides features and capabilities not found in previous hand-held ARINC 429 databus analyzers.
Available in a variety of configurations, the FlexiBus will meet your exact test requirement.
Ease of Operation and built in upgradeable memory, permits the operator to program and utilize the analyzer in a variety of test modes.
Handheld, battery operated, large backlit LCD display, and an easy to use operator interface provides versatility and unsurpassed capabilities.
• Displays ARINC 429 data in Engineering and /or Hex formats
• Decoding of ARINC 429 words can be upgraded by the operator
• Up to 60 user tables permit storage and recall of commonly used transmitted words
• Transmit up to 25 labels
• Receive 1024 label/SDI combinations
• Trap and store 3500 ARINC 429 labels
• Rechargeable NI-MH batteries permits up to 24 hours of operation on a single charge
• Rapid battery recharge, 95% capacity after only 1.5 hours
• Large 4 line x 16 character LCD display with