Request for Proposal
Aircraft Maintenance Provider
The Foothills Regional Airport Authority is seeking qualified firms or individuals to provide aircraft maintenance and repair services for the Foothills Regional Airport.
The Foothills Regional Airport is a general aviation airport located in the Foothills of North Carolina between Morganton and Lenoir. Fifty-five aircraft are currently based at the Foothills Regional Airport and the Fixed Base Operation is owned and operated by the Foothills Regional Airport Authority. The Airport is growing rapidly with over 70 aircraft on a waiting list for hangar space. The State of North Carolina recently awarded the Airport with grant funds to build additional hangars to fill the demand and are expected to begin construction in 2024.
Assumptions and Agreements
The purpose of this proposal is to obtain expert professional aircraft maintenance and repair for Foothills Regional Airport customers. The initial term of the agreement will be for 1 - 3 years and
renewable based on performance. The provider will operate independently with periodic reviews by the Airport. Rent is negotiable and includes the following:
1. Maintenance Hangar 2,700 sq. ft.
2. Office 750 sq. ft.
3. Additional Storage 600 sq. ft.
4. Fixed shop equipment such as air compressor, tables, aircraft jacks etc.
Maintenance personnel must be qualified and capable of the following:
1. At least one staff member with Inspection Authorization and Airframe and Powerplant Certifications.
2. The Provider should have substantial experience in general aviation piston aircraft maintenance including airframe work, engine repairs, component repairs, annual and 100-hour inspections .
3. Qualified in compliance with 14 CFR parts 43,65 and 145 as applicable.
4. The Provider must carry its own general liability and workers compensation insurance in amounts satisfactory to the FRAA.
5. Provider must comply with Foothills Regional Airport Authority Rules and Regulations and
Minimum Standards, which are available at https://foothillsairport.com/ under the Airport Information tab.
No Specific format is required for the proposal. Minimum requirements include:
1. Name and address of the company/persons submitting the proposal with contact information.
2. Specific qualifications and prior experience of personnel.
3. Details of company/personal work history.
4. References including contact information for airports and customers served.
5. Any additional information relevant to the selection of company/persons.
6. Detailed requirements for payment, including proposed schedule.
Proposals may be delivered to the Foothills Regional Airport directly, to the attention of the Airport Administrator.
US Mail and Physical Address:
Foothills Regional Airport
3566 Foothills Airport Rd.
Morganton, NC 28655
Attn: Brent Brinkley, Airport Administrator Phone: (828) 448-5708
Basis for Award
The proposal will be awarded to the company/persons providing the most attractive maintenance arrangement for the Foothills Regional Airport. The Foothills Regional Airport Authority reserves the right to reject any and all submittals, to waive any technicalities or irregularities and to award based on the best interest of the airport.